10 November 2008

Baby Shower Fun

My dear sister, Laura, threw the most splendid baby shower for me last weekend. She held it at the boutique she works at called Dear Lizzie. It is the cutest place ever and the atmosphere was perfect for a baby shower. Dear Lizzie has a little bistro in the back where we sat and talked and ate!

When we planned the date, I didn't think anyone from my side of the family would be able to attend because its so close to Thanksgiving when everyone will be coming out here anyway. But I was very, very pleasantly surprised when I walked out of the bathroom and found my mom and Annie sitting there at the table. I doubled over and just bawled my eyes out---I'm sure the pregnancy hormones had everything to do with it!

Here are a few pictures of the festivities! You can see my belly...it is just so huge. I think it looks like I've stuffed a basketball in there. My next doctors appointment is tomorrow and we'll find out how close I am to being ready to deliver. I'm hoping she'll be early (safely early) and really think she won't be able to wait until the 5th of December.



Thank you to all my dear friends and family!!!
I'm taking guesses on when she'll arrive. Leave your guess in the comments!!!

6 comments:

Mars said...

I LOVE that boutique. Such a fun place to have your baby shower! You still look cute as ever but I bet you are ready for the little girlie to arrive. I'm sure you will have her before the first of Dec! Ah I can't wait to see her!

Bethany said...

ahh i love the pictures! that was so much fun! let's hang out again soon. sophie is going to be such a beauty!! i am going to bet on november 27th.

Melissa said...

I didn't know that your mom surprised you by being there! That's just so sweet!!! You look gorgeous! The boutique makes just the perfect backdrop for baby shower pictures, doesn't it?
I'm going to guess Dec. 7th, so she and Carinne can have the same b-day!

Audra said...

Sounds like the party was a blast! Wish i could have been there, especially to see your reaction to mom and annie being there!
Sophie's birthday: Nov.26th
Can't wait!

meli said...

You look fabulous! We're so excited for y'all! I can't wait to see pics of her!

Chrissie Brown said...

Hmmmm....I'm guessing November 18th (or was it the 17th?). I CAN'T WAIT to see pictures and hear the story...........we love you Sophie!!!