After the shopping, we got a little dinner at The Olive Garden, for which we waited an hour and a half. What a ridiculous wait! But we got two free appetizers because of it, so I guess it was OK.
During that hour and a half wait we went over to the South Towne Center (we were in Sandy) and little Sophie got her darling little ears pierced. I was a little nervous but had the best moral support there (Thanks, Mom, Laura, and Annie!!). She looks absolutely adorable with her new little earrings.
Today Jon blessed Sophie and it was a wonderful blessing. I am so grateful to all of our family that were able to make it there. There's nothing like sharing those special moments with the ones you love.
Sophie was blessed in the same blessing dress as me and I fashioned a little white hair bow for her. She also wore little white moccasins that my mom bought for her in Santa Fe on the last annual trip to Indian Market.
Sophie and her cousin Lauren.
After the blessing, Jon had to wind down a little bit (the nerves) so he and Christophe spent a good 2 hours building spaceships with their childhood Lego collection. Christophe and Jon would periodically "show off" their creations to their loving wives who would praise and adore their projects as they would one of their children's. I'm pretty sure those two spaceships ended up on a tall shelf in the playroom instead of being taken apart and put back in the box. I guess I know what to get Jon for his birthday next month.
4 comments:
She is so beautiful! And I really love those shoes....
sophie is adorable, and what a beautiful blessing dress! i love her little pearl earrings. and sarah, you are stunning!
Oh, I'm sooooo sad we missed out on such a great day! Such great pictures. Lauryn looks pretty proud of herself! And so do Christophe and Jon! I love the earrings you picked out for Sophie. Did she cry very much? Sounds like you all had a wonderful time!
Sophie is so cute in her dress & her little earrings! I love your shoes too...I'm a big fan of that store.
Post a Comment