11 May 2009

Here we go again...

Well, it looks like I'll be subjecting myself to another painful, yet ever-so-rewarding experience this October. I found out today that my name was drawn in the St. George Marathon lottery. Remember these? They'll be carrying me through another training season and another race. I'm excited to cross the finish line.

I know there are some out there that don't understand why people run marathons and to those, all I can say is Try it or go watch one in person...then you'll know.

St. George Marathon 2007

6 comments:

Chelsea Wilkes said...

Thats SO exciting! Someday I hope to be like that!!

Jessica said...

Congrats!!! Good luck!

Bethany said...

jealousy!!! so fun, good luck!

Lauren Clyde said...

More power to you! I've always been a swimmer. When I was in Jr high I participated in few track meets and this was when I realized I wasn't a runner. I would take place in a few races each yr(sprints, relays, mile, etc). It was the long races that would give me athletic-induced asthma. I remember falling to my knees a couple times gasping for air! It was humiliating even at 12 and 13 yrs old. But I also used to do joint triathalons with friends growing up. I did the swimming portion of course in the ocean or bay in San diego. Those were such fun times! Good luck to you and the training.

Katie Bell said...

AWESOME!!! you are going to kick....well know what! ha ha ha

Jeff said...

Yuck. Good luck with that. I would say I'd join you, but you beat me last time.