27 July 2009

I need to go to Colorado!

Once we told Jonah about our planned trip to Colorado on July 16th, we heard this phrase non-stop: "I need to go to Colorado!". Well, we've been back for about 2 weeks now and we're still hearing it occasionally. He loves to visit Mimi and Grandpa.

Jon's new shades reflect the highway

I-80, Wyoming style

The car ride was pretty good both ways. I'm grateful to have discovered that Jonah enjoys watching movies on my iPod. It keeps him nice and quiet when he's refusing to take a nap. He calls his headphones his "listens".


While we were there, we went to Water World for the afternoon. It was so much fun to have Mimi and Grandpa there with us and they were so wonderful and watched Jonah, Sophie, and Eva for us while we went on a few adult rides. We waited way too long for the toilet bowl ride but it was worth seeing Johnny and Jonathan go around in circles for 10 minutes before dropping into the pool below. On another note, thank goodness for people who know how to wear a swimsuit that fits.

We also got to celebrate little Eva's first birthday with a beautiful cake that Audra created. It was delicious! Happy Birthday, Eva!



No comments: