This morning began like every other: Sophie woke up, followed by her brother Jonah. Jonah went potty and got dressed and we all gathered in the kitchen for breakfast. I put Sophie in her high chair, turned on Playhouse Disney, and started making breakfast. Sophie squeaks and whines because if she has to sit in her high chair, she MUST be eating. I endured her protests while I made Jonah's oatmeal and my croissant and hot chocolate. I looked over several times to reassure her that I was coming. I noticed she was chewing on something but didn't give her a second glance because I figured it was just an abandoned goldfish from a past meal. I was just glad she was quiet for a few minutes.
After breakfast I got her ready for her nap and while changing her clothes, I noticed one of her earrings was missing. I checked her bed, clothes, blankets, retraced my steps from this morning's routine, and couldn't find it anywhere. I checked her high chair and the area around it and found the back to her earring. I felt confident I'd also find the earring. Then it hit me! She probably swallowed it! She must have been chewing on her earring when I was making breakfast!!
A few Google searches and a consultation with my mother-in-law put me at ease. She wasn't in pain and had fallen right asleep. My title, in addition to Mother, for the next few days will be baby poop dissector. I hope I find that little, black, onyx earring.
2 comments:
Great title! Gross post. Good luck with that!
So funny! You should do a post-edit, and tell that you found it all tarnished!
Post a Comment