23 June 2010

The bug goes around.

A few weeks ago we found our sweet Sophie covered in her own vomit when we went to get her out of bed in the morning.  That was the first of many sheet cleanings that would happen over the next two weeks.  She made it through the day without another episode and seemed happy when we went to get her the next morning from her crib.  We brought her to our bed to snuggle, as we often do, where she proceeded to complain about her teeth.  I wasn't sure what was ailing her so I moved to look into her mouth and was covered by a large amount of vomit the color of chocolate milk (the only thing she ingested the day before).  Yay!  Let the fun begin! 

So amidst cleaning our sheets, her sheets, and her, Jonah decides he doesn't want to eat his breakfast and instead throws up all over himself, his plate of food, his chair, and the floor.  Jon and I laughed as we realized what we were in for.

The great thing about Jonah is that once he knew what it felt like to throw up, he could run to the potty or do it in a bowl.  This saved us a LOT of cleanup and I was able to play the nurturing role and comfort him after each episode.  Soph didn't throw up again but continued to have blow-out diarrhea for the next week (more sheet cleaning).  The diarrhea episodes cut a little bit into our Las Vegas vacation, making it a little more stressful all around. 

I must have a killer immune system because I never got sick.  Jon did, though, and that wasn't fun to see him down and out.

Chairs for lounging, tile for easy cleanup, bowls to catch the puke, blankets and a movie.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

that sounds just awful! being sick is the worst! now WHERE did you guys get those awesome chairs?! they look so comfy!

Mars said...

Poor babies :( Glad you didn't get sick at least!