Well, it's been 4 weeks since our last checkup on the doublets and yesterday we got to go see them again. My mom is in town so my sister and I scheduled our appointments back to back and were all able to be there for the respective ultrasounds.
Once again, I was relieved to see those little hearts beating and to see them moving around. I've been feeling quite a few kicks in my lower abdomen and was wondering how the babies were positioned since I was really only feeling it in one area. I'm not going to lie, I was worried that I was only feeling one of them. I got the reassuring news that they are both breech (not a worry at this point) which explains all the movement down low.
When the doctor first put the device to my belly, we caught a glimpse of the girls' heads right next to each other. It looked like one baby was kissing the other on the cheek. It made me realize how much they're going to love being next to each other when they come out.
The doc says I'm measuring right where I need to be. I measured 21 weeks even though I'm only 19 which is typical for twins. The gap starts to get larger during the second half of the pregnancy.
Another fun thing is that I'm already starting my visits every 2 weeks instead of once a month. This is due to the fact that they'll be monitoring for TTTS (Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome) very carefully until delivery to make sure the babies are growing at the same rate. I'm hoping and praying that everything will go smoothly and my doublets will learn to share early on!
Sophie and Jonah love seeing their sisters. They talk about them and Jonah often snuggles my belly and Sophie gives them kisses. Let's hope the kindness continues when they're actually here.
Once again, I was relieved to see those little hearts beating and to see them moving around. I've been feeling quite a few kicks in my lower abdomen and was wondering how the babies were positioned since I was really only feeling it in one area. I'm not going to lie, I was worried that I was only feeling one of them. I got the reassuring news that they are both breech (not a worry at this point) which explains all the movement down low.
When the doctor first put the device to my belly, we caught a glimpse of the girls' heads right next to each other. It looked like one baby was kissing the other on the cheek. It made me realize how much they're going to love being next to each other when they come out.
The doc says I'm measuring right where I need to be. I measured 21 weeks even though I'm only 19 which is typical for twins. The gap starts to get larger during the second half of the pregnancy.
Another fun thing is that I'm already starting my visits every 2 weeks instead of once a month. This is due to the fact that they'll be monitoring for TTTS (Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome) very carefully until delivery to make sure the babies are growing at the same rate. I'm hoping and praying that everything will go smoothly and my doublets will learn to share early on!
Sophie and Jonah love seeing their sisters. They talk about them and Jonah often snuggles my belly and Sophie gives them kisses. Let's hope the kindness continues when they're actually here.

3 comments:
Glad they are doing well! I'm excited to meet the little ones.
how fun! Glad things are going well :) That's fun your mom was able to be there for both of your appointments!
What happy news Sarah girl, keep up the good work!!!
Post a Comment