17 April 2011

Staying Busy

Every once in a while the Good Mom in me comes out and I try to do fun activities with my kids.  So often these past few months my kids have only had the company of the Crabby Mom.  Here are a few things we've been up to:

Bunny Ears!
This provided hours of fun for my kids.  We saw these on the Sprout channel and I thought they were so cute and decided I'd try to be patient enough to make them with my kids.  They hopped around for days afterwords, chasing each other and laughing (a welcome sound at any time).



Wrestling Daddy!
Poor Jon has been absolutely slammed with finals and projects and homework.  I'm sure he's wanted nothing more than to come home to his bed and sleep but being the amazing dad he is, he let's his kids climb all over him and wrestles with them for a good half while I finish up dinner.  I've been fairly fragile lately, keeping me from the more aggressive playing with my kids.  My belly is sensitive and in the way and my back feels like it's about to snap in half.  Luckily, I just purchased a maternity belt which should make these last few months a bit easier.


"Camping"!
I'm going to pretend it's the weather and my belly keeping us from a real camping trip (instead of the real reason I'm now terrified of camping with my kids).  This was a great way to ease the seemingly constant stressful atmosphere in our home and the kids had a blast!  The best part about it, besides the s'mores with dark chocolate, was the fact that we got to go inside, have baths, and sleep in our own beds!






1 comment:

Mars said...

those bunny ears are hilarious and so so cute! What a fun idea. That's totally my kind of camping too! Hope you're feeling ok!