23 January 2008

Good Old-Fashioned Green Family Christmas


Actually, this year wasn't exactly "old-fashioned" but it was really wonderful to be with everyone. This year we went down to Puerto Penasco (where's the ~ over the "n"?) with the whole crew and had a blast.

Of course we all gained about 10 lbs eating the "Treat of the Season" and all the other novelty snacks which one usually doesn't keep in the house on a regular basis...hence, the novelty. We mostly just ate it because it was there. Gosh that sounds an awful lot like...well...does that mean we have an unhealthy relationship with food? One could argue that it was necessary to build up the fat stores as it was bitterly cold most of the time. Yes, we were in Mexico but don't let that fool you. That blasted wind cuts right through the clothes. Next time I'll have to bring my winter coat, a hat, gloves, and galoshes (for the beach).

Jonah was 9 months old this last Christmas and had no concept of the tradition of opening presents. Boy was I excited to jump in and help!

Regardless of the weather, we got some great pictures and ate some good food and had a great time on the beach.


9 comments:

Green Montana said...

Beautiful, blissful blogging...great job! My fave is the video with Kenny Loggins song. Yes, of course it makes me want to cry. Such a sap. Pictures look amazing.

Love you Sarah, Jon, and Jonah!

Linds, Josh, & boys

Ashley said...

Finally! I've been wondering about you! Way to go...it's beautiful! glad to see things are going well!

Been There, Done That said...

Loved the video. Love the wedding pics. Love Jonah. Love Red Robin. Love french fries. Lizzie

Jess said...

Yeah! I have been checking your old one which I thought you forgot about so I'm so happy to keep in touch this way and see what's going on with your family. Ours is www.themartinhouseandlilygarden.blogspot.com

Nicolle said...

Its about time! I actually thought that you were going to announce you were prego! K you look amazing and I LOVE the hot mama hair! Its long whihc i havent seen in a while. So when can we get together? Kennedy and Jonah need to play and become friends. Oh and i expect to be on the blog friend list asap! www.jarenicolle.blogspot.com

Jeff said...

It's alright I guess.

Steph Bowen said...

I'm jealous about you going to Rocky Point. I live a few hours from there and haven't been, yet. Did you have fun? How's life?

Melissa said...

Love it! The pics are so pretty--tell Jon my favorite is the one of him and Jonah noshing on pretzel sticks on the couch!
Can't wait to read more!
Love you guys!
Melissa

Unknown said...

it looks great Sara !! It was so good to hear from you. How is Laura and john doing? Jonah is adorable.you guys look great. love Shelly