02 September 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great Labor Day Weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the extra days off together. It's always hard to go back to the normal routine though. We went to Colorado and stayed with my parents for the weekend. Here are a few of the cool things we got to do:


1. Attend Alison's wedding (one of my bestest friends from home)

She looked amazing and happy and it was great to get to be there with her and her husband Taj.





2. See the Columbine Memorial

None of my family had gotten to see it yet so we decided to go together after Alison's wedding. We were all very moved at how nicely it was done. It is an inspiring memorial.

Grandpa with Jonah.

This is a Columbine.

3. Visit Estes Park on Labor Day

I love Estes Park. It's really nice that my parents live so close to it now so it's just a half hour drive up to the town. We walked around the shops and then visited the Stanley Hotel just for fun. For those of you who don't know, it was made famous by that creepy movie "The Shining" so now people go there just for the ghost stories. That's not why I like it--it's just really pretty.



Jon is either looking at a ghost or a really bad hairdo!

3 comments:

Mars said...

I'm so glad I got to you see you guys! Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend away. Come to Arizona for a visit!

Nicolle said...

Im so excited that you are having a little girl! I cant believe how big Jonah is getting too! We really need to get together soon!

Bethany Jackman said...

oh mygosh, alison looks incredible. i'm dying. and your pictures are gorgeous, i love them all!!! especially the one of jon, i'm thinkin it must've been a pretty bad hairdo. LOL, love it!